April 9, 2011

tank top makeover


One time, I got bleach on my favorite comfy tank. But I, being the cheap person that I am, refused to just throw it away..
so it sat in a pile, waiting to be fixed for about a year.



Until one day, I came up with a simple solution!

I unbuttoned it




And pinned a scrap of eyelet lace to the inside




sewed it on, folded in and sewed the raw edges of lace...



and it covered up the big spot perfectly! There is still a tiny little pink spot, but it doesn't really bother me as much. I was lucky that the stain was in a convenient place, otherwise I would have had to be a bit more creative with my "embellishing".



3 comments:

Unknown said...

great save girl!

~selina

Tracy said...

A little trick you might try is covering the little pink spot with a dark blue marker.

Unknown said...

What a simple save! Love this! Just launched a (quick) tank refashion party on my blog (inspired by Old Navy's tank sale this weekend) and would love you to link up!
http://itstoilegood.blogspot.com/2011/06/2-tanks-mean-tank-refashions.html