January 17, 2014

Twin Girls' DIY Nursery



Hi there! Had some babies a little bit ago... 4 months ago. I started working on their nursery before they were born, but am just now finishing.  Probably because I had to make almost every decoration and/or collect used items. Oh and because twin newborns sort of take up a lot of time. Who knew?!

It started with finding these cute fabrics at SAS which were inspiration for a woodland creatures plus florals theme and took off from there. I am NOT a decorator and wish I could just pay someone to come decorate my whole house, but I had fun putting it all together and a pretty happy with how it turned out.

Pillow covers made with fabric remnants, glider from Craigslist 

Cute quilt EmmaLee made, hand-me-down crib, blanket crocheted by my aunt

This saying popped into my head when I was thinking about twins and I had to use it! I watercolored these little signs, mounted them on floral fabric and threw them in cheap Ikea frames. Blessing dresses crocheted by my mom.

Branch from our yard on Ikea hooks + a paper flower garland I made

Big paper flowers are by Bethany and I, Ikea spice racks as book shelves


Prints and frames from Ikea, fabric plushy trees and pompom flowers I made, wood log round from JoAnn's painted in chalkboard paint




4 comments:

Amanda said...

It looks great! I love the branch with flower garland!

Lari said...

What a darling room! So many cute details! A true haven for your precious little ones.

Lari said...

What a darling room! So many cute details! A true haven for your precious little ones.

Jean C. said...

Congrats on your little ones. The room is sweet. The dresses are lovely, what a talented lady.