September 14, 2011

Gingham Top

I got this (60s?) pattern about a year ago from ebay. I’ve been wanting to make something with it for a while, but kept getting distracted by other projects. Finally I decided I was going to make a blouse from it. I always seem to make dresses and don’t end up wearing them very often so I thought I’d try my hand at a top.
IMG_0157
I saw a blue gingham sheet at DI and decided it would be the perfect fabric. So I started my top and then school started and life got crazy, but I finally finished it!
IMG_0237
I never got around to making a little ribbon bow like the pattern said to, so I put a little bow brooch there instead.
IMG_0232

4 comments:

s.s. bazodi said...

and it will double for your halloween costume as Dorothy. Jacob can be the tin man and I'll be toto

natalli said...

thattts why it looks familiar. Good idea

amy said...

wow! sleeves, a collar, darts and everything. great job!

abipolz said...

looks good! I miss shopping at DI so much!