October 6, 2012

eye love boo!

One perk of being an art teacher, is that I have instant access to art supplies. During my lunch break, I created this little Halloween-themed love note for my husband. I used crayola watercolors, and a scrap of watercolor paper. Pretty simple.
You can do a lot with a basic set of watercolors! I love keeping a stack of blank note-cards in my desk so I can make personalized birthday and thank you cards for coworkers and parents. If you are just starting, you don't need to splurge on expensive kits and pallets. I suggest buying a cheap brand (like Reeves from Hobby Lobby) to start off with. This way, when you mess up, you won't feel like you wasted a lot of money. It's a good idea to invest in good brushes. They can get pretty expensive, but they make a big difference and will last if you take good care of them. I'll post some simple watercolor tutorials soon.

No comments: